---the story behind the following poem: This poem was written for a friend of mine who was experiencing the great world of grandparenting for the first time. Her beautiful grand-daughter's papaw, Daniel, unfortunately, had passed away before she was born...

My Angel
By, Harriette Glover

Sometimes I miss being in my papaw’s arms,
He held me just right keeping me safe and warm.

When it was my time to come and be with you,
He said, “Child, go now; I will surely see you through.”

Night and day, my angel watches over me,
Although I know he’s there, his face I cannot see.

Sometimes when the wind blows, I can feel his feathered wings.
Or when I’m sleeping, a lullaby, I can hear him softly sing.

My very own angel watches me from above,
He said his name was “Daniel” and for me to send his love.

No comments: