My Best Friend...Marie

My Best Friend, Marie
By, Harriette Glover

His plan was in place, the timing was right;
a heart was now ready to listen.
He took an accounting among His own,
who could successfully complete this mission?

He saw not just one, but an entire flock
that could break through to this guarded heart.
So two paths would cross, destined to be
best friends from the very start.

Surrounded by an impenetrable wall,
this heart was unwilling to bend.
Unwilling to feel or share part of its self,
afraid of being hurt again.

It would require someone very perceptive
to read past the façade on display.
That someone was you; and as He had planned,
my wall began crumbling that day.

Our Father knew, the way to open my heart,
was for someone to open my eyes.
I would have to see love given unconditionally
for my heart to overrule my mind.

There is no possible way to put into words
everything your friendship means to me.
I’m thankful He sent you to attend to my heart,
I’m so proud you’re my best friend, Marie.

My whole family was blessed when you took us in
and embraced us as part of your clan.
Looking back now, there is no mistaking
you were perfectly executing His plan.

No comments: